In casinos, Blackjack occupies a very special place. Highly appreciated because of its rules accessible to all, this card game also owes its popularity to the many anecdotes, sometimes fantastic, at the heart of which it is present. Films such as Rain Man (1988), Las Vegas 21 (2008) and Runner Runner (2013) have also contributed greatly to its popularity. It is therefore quite logical that its online version, the online blackjackis one of the most popular casino games among igamers.
However, as with many other casino games, many online blackjack fans are either unfamiliar with the rules or have only a superficial grasp of them. If you too fall into this category of players and are tired of playing like a beginner, then this guide is for you! You will learn all the basics about blackjack, as well as the strategies used by professional players around the world to get the best odds on their side. So, ready to beat the casino?
Top 3 Online Casinos to Play Blackjack
- 1 Top 3 Online Casinos to Play Blackjack
- 2 Blackjack 21the game and its history
- 3 How to Play Blackjack ?
- 4 What strategy apply to blackjack to maximize his odds?
- 5 Blackjack Tips 5 secrets to put all the chances on your side
- 6 The different variants of blackjack casino
- 7 The live blackjack to play against real dealers
- 8 Free Online Blackjackplay without spending anything
- 9 In conclusion
- 10 Online Blackjack FAQ
Blackjack 21the game and its history
Blackjack is one of the classic table games that can be found in almost every casino in the world today. Like Roulette and Baccarat, its creation dates back several centuries and its exact origins are still debated. According to the research of our experts, and based on the most likely theories, it is believed that blackjack originated in Italy in the 14th century. It is also believed to have had some French influence, drawing inspiration from games such as the French Farm and the Railway. The game was offered in French casinos from the 18th century under the name “Vingt-et-un” and was later exported to the United States.
But the game doesn’t really draw crowds when it arrives across the Atlantic. To remedy this, American casinos are incorporating a variety of bonuses, including a 10-1 payout. The player must have a jack and ace of spades in his hand to receive it. This is where the name Black Jack comes from.
In the modern version of the game, this bonus no longer exists. However, the rules of the classic variant remain the same. Basically, the player must beat the dealer’s hand with a hand whose value does not exceed 21 points. This explains why it is often referred to as the “classic variant” Blackjack 21 by pointing to the game.
How to Play Blackjack ?
To understand how to play blackjackYou don’t have to be a mathematical genius or a bluffing ace ! The rules of the game are quite simple, and that’s what makes it so popular. Here’s how it all works:
The goal of the game
In blackjack, the objective is simple and clear: to have a stronger hand than the dealer’s hand. However, there is one constraint: not to exceed 21 points. Otherwise, you lose. It’s as simple as that. But of course, there are a number of elements and subtleties to the game.
Good play blackjack the value of the cards
To value a hand in blackjack, simply add up the value of the cards that make up the hand. Here again, the calculation is quite easy:
– cards from 2 to 10 retain their face value. Thus a 4 is worth four points, an 8, eight points, and so on, regardless of suit;
– the figures (Jack, Queen and King) are all worth 10 points each;
– aces can be worth 1 or 11 points, whichever is better for the count.
It should be noted that for play blackjackIt takes between 1 and 8 decks of 52 cards.
As with other casino games, you must place your wager before the start of each game. In blackjack, there are three types of bets:
– main bets You bet the amount you want by betting that you’re going to beat the dealer. Don’t forget to check the betting limits at the table before betting.
– bets “behind Each blackjack table has a maximum of 7 main players. However, in many variations, the possibility is offered to subsequent players to participate in the game by placing bets on the hand of one or more of these main players. In English, this is known as “bet behind”.
– secondary bets These are optional bets allowed in some variants of the game. They allow players to collect additional winnings when their predictions are correct. In Blackjack, the most common side bets are 21 3 and Perfect Pairs.
The progress of the parties on a blackjack table
Blackjack games are played against the casino. Each player is seated on one of the 7 seats at the table. Once the bets have been placed, the system (representing the dealer) deals the first set of cards to each player and then one card to the dealer. These cards are placed face up. A second set of cards is then dealt. The players’ cards are dealt face up, while the dealer’s cards are dealt face down blackjack table. These first two cards make up each player’s initial hand.
The dealer then asks each player, starting with the player furthest to his left, to make one of the following decisions:
– Shoot (Hit in English) ask for an additional card. The player may receive as many additional cards as he wishes as long as the value of his hand does not exceed 21 points;
– Stay Do not take any extra cards and keep your hand of the moment;
– Double Double the amount of the bet on his original hand;
– Splitter : divide your initial hand into two distinct ones to increase your chances.
Once all the players have finished making their decisions and have formed their final hand, the dealer reveals his card that was left face down. Then, depending on the value of the resulting hand, he goes:
– draw an extra card until his hand reaches 17 points;
– stay on his hand as soon as it goes over 16 points.
When the dealer has finished acting, the point is made on an individual basis:
– if a player or the dealer has a hand worth 21 points, he automatically wins the game. They say there’s Blackjack! If the player makes blackjack, he receives a payout of 3:2.
– if there is no blackjack, the strongest hand not exceeding 21 points wins. The payout offered here is 1:1.
– in the event of a tie, the player simply gets his bet back.
What strategy apply to blackjack to maximize his odds?
Blackjack is a game in which chance plays a major role. But it is also one of the table games in which it is possible to significantly impact the outcome of the games thanks to certain strategies that have been proven to be effective. If you want to win at online blackjackso it’s in your best interest to know and master an blackjack strategy among the following:
The basic blackjack strategy
Every player should start by learning the basic blackjack strategy. This is a set of game diagrams to be applied according to the game configuration. The whole is presented in the form of a blackjack table whereby the player can minimize the casino advantage to below 1%.
Counting Blackjack Cards
Card counting is undoubtedly the most popular playing strategy in blackjack. The various books and films that have been produced around this strategy have also contributed greatly to drawing the attention of the general public to the game.
In summary, counting blackjack cards is to follow the game carefully to memorize the different cards that come out of the hooves, while distinguishing between the so-called weak cards (cards from 2 to 6), those called draws (7, 8 and 9) and those called strong (10, Aces and tricks). The objective is to anticipate the nature of the cards still present in the hooves of the game.
The card counting technique in blackjack comes in many forms. But the most popular and advantageous of all is the Hi-Lo technique developed by Edward O. Thorp, author of the best-selling book, Hi-Lo Beat the dealer (1962). Here you must assign a value to each type of card. When a weak card appears, add one point to your count. Conversely, when a strong card appears, remove one point. Null cards do not affect the account.
At the end of the card count, if the total obtained is positive, you can consider that there are still a significant number of strong cards in the shoe and adjust your decision making accordingly. Be careful to also take into account the number of cards actually remaining in the shoe. This is an essential factor that can strongly impact your counting strategy.
Blackjack Tips 5 secrets to put all the chances on your side
In addition to these two blackjack strategies, there are a few tips that can be very useful to you in this game. Applied by many professional players, they will have a significant impact on the performance of your games.
1- Choose your blackjack variant carefully
Today there are several blackjack variants that are listed a little further down in this article. Each of them have certain specifics that may or may not be to the player’s advantage. The first one is blackjack tip is to take the time to select the most advantageous for you.
2- Let the croupier “buster”
Blackjack pros recommend never drawing an extra card when the dealer’s first card is a 4, 5 or 6 and your initial hand does not have an Ace. The odds are that the dealer will “bust” in this case. Therefore, stay on your initial hand to easily win the game.
3- Split on 8s and Aces, but not on 10s
If you have an initial hand consisting of two Aces, split to make two hands each with an Ace. You will have the opportunity to make two blackjack hands if you receive a 10 or a face value on each of these two cards. Do the same for the 8s, which can give you two hands of 18 points. However, if you get two Tens right off the bat, you will have a 20 point hand. You will then have a good chance of winning the game. So don’t take any extra risk by dividing that hand in half.
4- Stay firm at 17 !
If you have a hand worth 17 points, don’t risk asking for an extra card. Otherwise, you risk busting.
5- Take a blackjack insurance when necessary
If the dealer’s first card is an Ace, chances are the dealer is making a natural blackjack. All that is required is that the second card is a 10 or one of the tricks. The dealer can therefore be considered to have a certain advantage. In this case, you can “limit the breakage” by placing an insurance bet.
To do so, you can place a portion (up to 50%) of your initial stake in insurance. If the dealer reveals his second card and actually succeeds in blackjack, then you will receive a payout (usually 2:1). However, if you do not and win the game, you will lose your blackjack insurancewhich will be deducted from your winnings.
It is a technique that can be very useful, but should not be abused.
The different variants of blackjack casino
Today the blackjack is available in a wide range of variants. They are all inspired by the classic version of the game, whose rules are detailed above, but each one includes some specificities concerning the types of bets allowed or some additional rules. The best known are :
– 6:5 Blackjack or Single Deck Blackjack: This is the ideal variant for applying the basic blackjack strategy and card counting. It is played with a single deck of 52 cards. This considerably reduces the house advantage.
– blackjack Switch: invented in 2009, this variant allows you to play two hands simultaneously with the possibility of switching cards between them.
– blackjack Free Bet: In this variant, players have the option to double or split without risking losing their initial bet.
– double Exposure Blackjack: Unlike the classic variant of the game, here both dealer’s cards are open from the beginning. This increases the player’s chances of winning.
– 5 Hand Blackjack: Here, it is not one hand, but rather five that are dealt to the player at the beginning of the game. This variant requires a certain amount of dexterity, but can also be very advantageous.
– multiplayer blackjack: This variant brings up to 5 players around a table. Here, the players do not play individually against the dealer, but rather against each other.
– progressive blackjack: this variant of blackjack casino offers a progressive jackpot that feeds off losing bets. In order to claim the jackpot, certain optional bets must be made.
– blackjack Surrender: This variant includes an additional option: surrender. If you feel that your initial hand is really too low to win, you can use it to save half of your initial bet.
– Spanish 21: Created in 1995, this variant of blackjack offers players a significant advantage over the house, with a wider range of actions.
Several other blackjack variations such as Pontoon, Caribbean 21, Match Play 21 or Super Fun 21 are also offered in casinos.
The live blackjack to play against real dealers
In online casinos, there are two main forms of blackjack: blackjack with RNG and live blackjack. More realistic, the second puts the player face to face with real dealers in games that take place in live streaming. Broadcast live from studios equipped with cameras and microphones, these blackjack tables allow you to play in real time, as if you were in a real land-based casino.
Live blackjack tables are popular with online players and are also available in a variety of variations. Many of them are simply replicas of the land-based variants of the game, but there are also variants specially designed for playing with live dealers. These include, for example, the :
– Blackjack Party of the publisher Evolution Gaming ;
– Evolution Gaming’s Infnite Blackjack ;
– Speed Blackjack by Evolution Gaming ;
– Common Draw Blackjack from NetEnt live.
Free Online Blackjackplay without spending anything
Now that you know just about everything there is to know about blackjack, you probably feel ready to try your luck at an online casino. But before you do, did you know that there are tables at free online blackjack ? Let’s talk about their principle and their advantages.
Why play free blackjack online ?
Free blackjack tables are offered primarily to allow online players to enjoy themselves without having to spend a penny. The idea is therefore, for the online casinos that offer them, to welcome all those who just come to play for fun. But it is also a way to attract more real gamblers by offering them the possibility to test the different tables available beforehand Play free blackjack online this is a way of getting familiar with the game, at one’s own pace and without any risk of losing money.
Free Blackjack the benefits
The two main advantages of the free blackjack are:
– free: being able to play your favorite game without having to deposit money in the casino is a real advantage for all blackjack lovers;
– real money play: although free, these tables allow you to play under the same conditions as in real money mode. This is particularly useful for those who wish to learn the game by improving their mastery of it, or to set up a strategy.
Where play free blackjack ?
Almost all online casinos offer RNG blackjack tables in demo mode in their game library. You just have to go to one of them to play free blackjack.
So here we are at the end of this guide to blackjack, one of the most popular card games on the planet. We hope that you have found it useful and that you now have all the tools and information you need to enjoy each and every one of your next online gaming sessions. Remember that your success depends very much on how well you master the game. So learn the rules well and use the various tips we’ve shared with you intelligently. Good luck!
Online Blackjack FAQ
✅How do you bet in blackjack?
To bet on a blackjack table, you must take the chips and place them in the space provided in front of your seat. As explained in the rules of the game hereBets must be placed at the beginning of the game, within the limits imposed by the casino.
✅How do you play blackjack?
To play blackjack well, you must first learn the rules of the game and understand how the games are played. In order to do so, read this guide and take the time to play in free mode to assimilate well before starting to play in real mode.
✅When to double down on blackjack?
Doubling your blackjack bet can double your winnings, but only if you win the game. Otherwise, the entire wager is lost. Therefore, only double when you have a strong hand of at least 17 points. More details on our site.
✅How do you count cards in blackjack?
In blackjack, the most common and effective cheating technique is card counting. To learn more about how it works and how to implement it, read our feature on our site.
Did you like this page? Find our other sections :